Dan Vals A/S’s POLICY FOR THE TREATMENT OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
2. Purpose of processing your personal information
Our overall purpose for processing your personal information is to manage your purchases with us. In addition, we aim to improve and further develop our products and provide you a better customer experience. Your personal information is thus necessary to carry out specific transactions, and, in addition, it enables us to develop and optimise our products.
3. Collection and types of personal data
When you, as a customer, make a purchase with our company, we will record the necessary personal information about you concerning your customer relationship with us.
We collect your personal information as follows and from the following sources:
- You submit your personal information to us in connection with a purchase of our products via mail correspondence, telephone, or other means of communication.
- You use social media such as Facebook and LinkedIn, where you follow and possibly comment on our postings or use features such as Like, Share, or Communicate.
- The personal information we process about you constitutes, in particular:
- Identification information, including name, address, phone number, and e-mail address.
- Information related to the transaction, including type of product purchase, method of payment, price, and purchase history.
4. Legal basis for processing your personal information
Data protection is an integral part of our business and we are responsible for the protection of your personal information when you do business with us. Our processing of your personal information is always in accordance with both national and international rules and standards.
Your personal data will be processed when at least one of the following conditions applies:
- The processing is required to fulfil a purchase agreement to which you are party and which involves the purchase of our products.
- You have given your voluntary, specific, informed, and unambiguous consent, for example, when you agree to receive any newsletters.
- The processing is necessary to comply with a legal obligation for our company, such as the storage of accounting data for a given period.
- The processing is necessary for a legal claim to be established, enforced, or defended, for example in the event of a dispute concerning a given product.
- The processing is necessary in order for us to pursue a legitimate interest that weighs heavier than your interests. Our legitimate interest can, for example, be targeting our offers and ads to you in order to improve your customer experience.
5. Recipients of your personal information
We only exchange your personal information with the recipients that are required for your customer relationship with us. We exchange personal information with the following:
- Banks and financial institutions when you make a purchase with us.
- Our partners and suppliers, which we have approved to assist us in connection with our business.
Your personal information is not transferred to third countries, i.e., countries outside the EU/EEA.
6. Storing and deleting your personal information
We keep your personal information only until it is no longer necessary to the purposes for which the information is processed. Your personal information will therefore be deleted in accordance with the following procedures:
- Accounting information relating to your purchases will be retained for 5 years from the end of the fiscal year to which the material applies.
7. Your rights
We have implemented a number of measures to protect your personal information and ensure your rights. Because your personal information is processed, you can exercise the rights listed below. However, it should be emphasised that some of the rights are not absolute, but apply only in certain circumstances.
7.1 Right of access
You have the right to request access to the personal information we process about you, and, in this regard, you may receive information about:
- The purpose of processing.
- The categories of personal data.
- Recipients or categories of recipients, including recipients in any third countries, and, in that regard, the required guarantees for transfer.
- The storage period or the criteria for determining this.
- The right to rectification, deletion, limitation, and objection to the processing of your personal information.
- The right to appeal to the Data Inspectorate.
- Where your personal data originate.
- The occurrence of automated decisions, including profiling, and, in this respect, minimum information about the logic herein as well as the meaning and expected consequences thereof.
7.2 The right to rectification
You have the right to request the correction of incorrect personal information about yourself as well as the right to request the completion of incomplete personal data.
7.3 The right to delete
You have the right to request to have personal information about yourself deleted, for example, if the processing is based on your expressed consent and you withdraw consent.
7.4 The right to restriction
You are entitled to request the restriction of processing of your personal information, for example, in the event that the accuracy of your personal information is disputed.
7.5 The right to data portability
When our processing is performed automatically, you have the right to request to receive the personal information you provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, as well as the right to request that this personal information be forwarded to another dealer.
7.6 The right to object
You are entitled to object to the processing that your personal information is given by us, including, in particular, that in relation to direct marketing.
If you have consented to the processing of your personal information, you are entitled to withdraw your consent at any time. Please note that withdrawal of your consent will not affect the processing of your personal information that occurred prior to your withdrawal of consent.
8. Questions and complaints
You may also appeal to the Data Inspectorate, the authority in Denmark which supervises the processing of personal data by businesses. Contact information for the Data Inspectorate is available on their website: www.datatilsynet.dk.